Thursday, August 19, 2004

Do YOU know what you're typing on?

According to a study, a public keyboard has more dirt/bacteria/crap on or in it than the average public TOILET SEAT! Here's the proof.

I'm leaving the dell at home so my mom will have something to play her
PopCap games on(awesome games btw). I dug the original keyboard out for her to use. After taking one look at it, I decided i'd try to clean it up a bit. After about 10 minutes of trying to clean it with a Qtip, I knew it was time to take it apart and just dunk it in some soupy water. Here is a pic I took, halfway through taking off each individual key.



If you look close you can make out some of the dirt. But this picture doesn't convey just how dirty this thing was. Time for a close-up.



It gets worse as more keys come off.



How about each key? Those are pretty bad too, I think this is the shift key...



After about 5 mins of soaking/scrubbing with dish soap...



Every key was scrubbed and dried... yes I had too much time on my hands...



Finally, everything back together. This keyboard has not been this clean since
I first got it, 4 YEARS ago. Ahh the memories.



Makes you think twice about eating near your comp huh?


No comments: