Friday, June 10, 2005

New Sunglasses

After 8 loyal years of service, I've retired my perscription sunglasses. They're old and battered but they were reliable.

In it's place I got a pair of Caribbean Sun's from Wal Mart. They were having a package deal and I was able to get the frames, lenses, polarization and labor for $99 total without insurace. Sure beats the $253 an optometrist shop wanted to charge me.

Here are some pictures. YES they were taken by my Nikon Coolpix 3100. A few days ago it decided to start working again.



They're quite a bit larger than my previous pair, which should help with pinching of the ears. Yes, I got a fat head.




Another angle.



It came with a case (huge compared to my Converse case) and a wiping cloth. Wal Mart also threw in a small bottle of cleaning solution.

Im still getting used to the glasses. They're heavier than my old pair, and almost completely eclipse my vision. They're also a different color. Using these indoors will be quite a bit harder than my previous pair (the lenses are much darker).

I think it might have something to do with the polarization, but I can see vivid color patterns in paints and off glass. It's quite strange, it is similar to light being passed through a prism.

No comments: