Monday, November 16, 2009

DK Update ( level 77 )

Hotplate hit 77 this wekeend. A lot has happened to the intrepid Death
Knight in the past few days. When she hit 75 ( or was it 76? ) I got
her dual-spec to celebrate. Since then I have spruced up her tanking
gear and she now sits at 430 defense rating.

Tanking:

I spec'd her as Blood Tank. The biggest reason for this was the
similarity in spell rotation for Blood tanking as Blood DPS. The only
major difference I can see is that instead of favoring my Heart Strike
ability I now favor Death Strike ( to recoup some HP), that and hit
Blood Boil more for AOE threat.

My first tanking experience was Violet Hold. I went in at 75, with a
level 80 DPS and some other 76-78's. I might have lucked out because I
most just tank-n-spanked the bosses we got. I held aggro pretty well,
with just the level 80 pulling off me occasionally.

I also recently tanked a 4-man Amphitheatre of Anguish run, with 2
other level 80s and a 76-ish. That went well enough.

I haven't quite decided if Tanking or DPS will be the primary spec of
Hotplate. I already have a well geared Plate DPS character ( Hooff the
Ret Pally ), so having another Plate DPS wouldn't be that new. My only
tank is Waash, but he's stuck at 76 for the forseeable future.

If I do choose to primarily tank with Hotplate, I see myself getting
quite a bit of Titansteel tanking armor crafted. That should get me
most of the way there to be able to tank regular Trial of the Crusader
and with farming that ( and possibly other level 80 regular dungeons)
get me ready to tank Heroics. After that I'll be farming Heroic ToC
and whatever Heroics I can get into for Naxx-level gear.

After getting to that level gear, it's going to be heroic farming for
Tier 8 emblem gear. I would really love to start raiding again, but
that would require finding a guild that can raid during my
schedule. With paddling the way it is, I don't know how much free time
I will have.

No comments: