Thursday, September 02, 2010

[WoW IC] Back into it.

Dearest Sister,

Greetings! Its been a while since I've had a chance to write. This was
partially because the past few months I haven't had anything to write
about. I've been pretty quiet the past 4-5 months. Stayed at an inn
and just tried to live the normal life. Even got as far as putting my
armor into a crate, because I thought I "wouldnt' be using it any time
soon". Well that changed quickly.

A few weeks ago the little termors and rumblings I've been noticing
have gotten worse. I don't know if you notice these quakes in
Ironforge, ( it being deep in into a mountain maybe that makes them
MORE noticeable? ) but you must have heard the talk. There's talk that
the end of the world is near. That a huge shakeup is due and that some
sort of Cataclysm is about to happen. No one seems to know when, but
they all know its coming "Soon". I didn't pay it much mind, even the
quakes I eventually got used to.

Unforunately, as is usually the case, I started getting cabin
fever. I've never been able to stay in one place too long. Since we
were children, neither of us have really spent more than a year living
somewhere. The lure of fortune and adventure was just too much, and so
about 2 weeks ago I bid farewell to the innkeeper and set off yet
again.

I've learned a lot in the past 2 weeks. The shaman master in stormwind
has taught me quite a bit, both in the art of healing and melee
combat. I've needed every ounce of knowledge. I've been traveling to
quite a few new places. I've spent the majority of my time at this
huge mountain. It was the kingdom of the Dark Iron Dwarves ( cousins
of the dwarves from Ironforge). Unfortunately they're not very
friendly, but there is an elemental infestation. I've joined up with
other adventurers to help keep back the evil living there. I've gone
in many times, usually with random people, usually with mixed
success. Being able to effectively heal has made me more valuable to
the war effort. Seems quite a few people know how to hurt, but not to
heal.

One of the commanders mentioned that I might be powerful enough to be
of some use in Outland. I remember Elder Hooff talking about it a few
months back. I'm excited to go, from what we've been told the fight is
going well there, but slowly. Wish you were here.

I'll write again as soon as I'm able.

- Onaara

No comments: