Friday, November 19, 2004

Cocoa Apps ... by me

I've started my trip into the wonderful world of Cocoa programming. I've been following a few tutorials, which have led me to create my first few Cocoa apps. The articles can be found at MacDevCenter.

My first program was a Currency Converter, which was basically a simple app that multiplied two numbers and printed it back to the screen. Very simple stuff, but it helped me get a feel for the Model-Controller-View concept of Cocoa and Xcode. If you're running OSX Panther (10.3) you can try them out yourself. Currency Converter.

My second and third programs were browsers based on the same engine that Safari uses. I'm actually posting this comment in my own browser. I was gonna create .dmg's for them but decided against. Version .1 and Version .2. Version .2 includes support for multiple windows, javascript and a reactive URL field.

Enjoy.

No comments: