Monday, March 01, 2010

Letter: Onaara to Huntry

My Dear sister Huntry,

Hello Sister, I hope this letter finds you well. How is your business trip to Ironforge? I hope the Glyphs that Uncle Waash sent you to sell are moving. How are the dwarves treating you? Is it true that Ironforge is underground? It must truely be a sight to see. I hope to one day travel there myself.

How amazing are these mailboxes, no matter where I am, it feels like I simply have to drop a letter into a mailbox and some gryphon, somewhere will ensure its arrival. It almost seems to shrink the distance between us!

If you run into Hooff the Elder before I, please extend my gratitude for the gear he sent me. He must have gone through great lengths and expense to acquire them for me. The chestguard has the buzz of enchantment, and the mace seems to have an eerie white glow about it. I'm sure Bob had something to do with that. I don't think he likes me, he's always so quiet. I get along with Kragner his Voidwalker well enough though.Its amazing how well a demon from the twisting nether can play cards. I'm rambling, please let Hooff know that I will make good use of the armor here in Duskwood.

Currently I am staying in at the Scarlet Raven Tavern in Duskwood. Its a far cry from the Inn we stayed at in Azuremyst Isle. Remember when we used to joke about having Ghosts and Ghouls under our beds as children? Well here its a possibility. I've only been here a few days but I've already seen a few ghosts, and even combed ones hair! Don't ask how I did it, I think it was some kind of enchanted brush or something.

The Night watch here has asked me to help out with some problems they've been having. They're woefully understaffed. I mostly try to shuttle food and supplies between Darkshire and Night Watch outposts on the Western edge of Duskwood. The soldiers are always happy to see me, I think its because they know once they hear Erin stomping her feet and trumpeting her trunk, they'll have their lunch soon.
I did find a gravesite that was a bit disturbing, the entire area had such an air of lonelyness. I asked some officials in town about the grave, and they told me a sad tale about a fallen hero, risen as an undead, roaming the graveyard. Hopefully I won't meet that spirit on my deliveries.

I think I've rambled on enough for one letter, until I see you again.

Give my best to Bubu,

- Ona

No comments: