Thursday, February 25, 2010

Scartlet-cide

Scarlet-cide

Let me get this out of the way first. I don't like farming. I've never been particularly patient at any repetitive activity. Even something like creating glyphs, with a host of addons that make it trivially easy, I still only do once in a long time. I do not like to farm, I will not eat green eggs and ham, Sam I am.

Idle Hands
One day recently I found myself in a situation where I had, some internet access, some free time, but not the ability to play World of Warcraft. So what do I do? I READ about World of Warcraft. Its sick, I know.

Enchant
Anyhoo, I got onto the subject of what enchant I should put on Onaara's weapon(s). Looking around, I found that Crusader works well with Heirloom items, and eventually when I dual-wield, the buff will stack. Checking on Bob, I noticed that I do not have the enchant. The AH is of no help ( none available). A quick browse of WoWhead shows that it is a low-percentage drop off a very specific mob in Western Plaguelands. Good News is that they are low-level mobs, easily farmable by Bob. The bad news, its a specific mob, and the drop rate is less than 1%. Reading through the comments is a bit encouraging, people mentioning that they have gotten it in as little as 20 mins. Another poster mentions that Blizzard has buffed the drop-rate.

Those poor mages..
The mobs in question are Scarlet Spellbinders, they congrigate in a tower on the north side of WPL. Riding there on Bob,I find a spellbinder or two on the road leading up to the tower. All are two-shot(sometimes one) easily. I part myself up on the top of the tower and wait for respawns. Thats where I still am today. I haven't spent any sizeable amount of time farming this enchant. I imagine it'll take at least an hour or two. So far I've killed maybe a dozen spellbinders. They just don't have a chance when my machine-gun-imp is set on aggressive. I just have to be careful not to let one die without causing some damage to it, or else I am not able to loot it.

The Scarlet Crusade should start recruiting heavily, they're about to lose quite a few magic-users. How many Scarlet Spellbinders need to die before the enchant is in my hands? As many as there needs to be.

*queue Highlander music*....

No comments: