Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Huntering

Wow-ed-out. I logged off WoW last night at about 9pm. Not because I had something better to do, but because I was bored. The thought of doing yet another Heroic made me want to turn the computer off.

Originally I thought I could get away from the grind of chain-heroics by leveling my baby hunter. It went well for about 20 minutes, but I quickly remembered why I stopped leveling her in the first place. I didn't want to level anymore. While the mechanics were new ( my first hunter), the resource management was incomplete. I ran out of mana constantly, but had no way to recoup it, short of sitting and drinking after every second pull.

I ran stockades through the Dungeon Finder. The run itself was going decently well until the tank DCed. She never came back. Her friend insisted that she would be right back, but after 20 minutes of trying to pet tank ( Bubu the Bear and the lock's Voidy), we wiped and just called it. I was looking forward to getting that satchel of useful items too.

Thoughts on Huntering:

Playing a hunter was fun. Its very similar to a warlock. Find target, send pet, dps target and hope it dies before you pull aggro on the pet. I did notice that having mana as its depletable resource seems very awkward and a mistake. It would make more sense to me if hunters used an energy-based system like rogues, or even a rune-like system like DKs. It seems very awkward that all of a sudden your gun can't shoot anymore because you've run out of magic?

Will I continue to level her to 80? Not sure. I don't hate the class ( like I hated leveling the warrior, sorry Tempered), so its feasible that I may play her again. I don't LOVE the class like I did with the pally. It seems similar to how I felt about the Death Knight, fun but uncoordinated. Unfortunately the hunter doesn't have the luxury of starting at level 55. For now she'll have to be content with being a level 23 Hunter with 20,000g in her pockets.

No comments: