Monday, February 07, 2011

[WoW] State of MyWoW

This weekend saw quite a bit of playing. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had quite a bit of time to play. This let me knock out a few of the things on my todo list:

Hooff



Finally hit exalted with Therazene faction. I will no longer have to do those daillies. I bought the shoulder enchants, and bid them a fond farewell. The sheer number of daillies, plus the fact that you start out past honored after questing in Deepholm made this pretty quick.

I'm still doing the Dragonmaw daillies. They're quite a bit more annoying, mainly because you have to gather/destroy things, competing with both Horde and Alliance players. That plus there is a high possibility of getting jumped by mobs makes one or two corpse runs common. Just bad enough to be annoying, but not enough to make me stop doing the daillies.

We two-healed Baradin Hold again over the weekend also. This time it was Hooff and Raenna, a holy-priest in the guild. We got him on our second attempt. The first attempt, the priest's side started getting overwhelmed with damage. We adjusted a bit and were able to down him no problem.

We then attempted to do a REAL raid. Blackwing Descent. We got as far as the mobs before Magmar. The twin mobs that charge the most distant mob from each other. The healing required was intense. We brought in a third healer, a Disc Priest. But she was PVP specced, and the high amount of healing required made her OOM quickly. I myself had to spam my fastest/hardest hitting heal also.

If we have to constantly spam heals like that, I think we must be doing the encounter wrong. We looked up the strategy, and when we applied it ( tanks at opposite ends of the room, DPS clumped together in the middle to the side) it went much better. Unfortunately, we still couldn't get the trash down. Maybe it was just not enough healing, or our tanks weren't geared enough. Either way we need to gear up and practice some more.

Solinari



My priest hit 80 over the weekend. Then hit 81 on Sunday while questing in Hyjal. I was afraid that Hyjal would be a repeat of the PITA that Tedrassil was. So far its not bad. There's only been 1-2 quests in a cave, and the lore is rich. I've already met Malfurion Stormrage (woot) and Ysera ( hott ). I bet my druid would get a kick out of it.

I'm not sure if the mobs just don't hit as hard in Hyjal or if its because I expect them to hit really hard, but my priest isn't having near as much trouble killing things as my paladin did. Right now I can kill 2-3 cataclysm mobs no problem. It could also be that the spellpower of my heals are high, and my health is low enough that a cast of Flash of Light can heal me to almost full.

I've already replaced my heirloom shoulders and chest. They stop functioning at level 80, so I've replaced them with Cataclysm greens. Its a bit annoying because that effectively cuts my +XP bonus by more than half. I now only have the +10% from guild and +5% from cloak. Guess I should shelve the priest for a few days to get some rested XP back. My trinket has also stopped scaling, but I haven't found a better replacement so I'm still using it for the time being. So far I've replaced 7 pieces of armor, and my mana and Health is already double what it when I hit 80. My iLvl is still too low to queue for a the LFD, but i'm hoping to change that in the next few days.

Nuiitari



My Warlock has languished at 53. Her tailoring is already maxed out for her level (350). She's been a steady money maker. Buying Netherweave Cloth from the AH when its cheap, and creating Netherweave Bags to sell. Its not a huge amount of profit, but its steady. Something to keep her occupied until she can level again. I still haven't chosen her other profession. I'm still thinking of bringing my druid over, so that takes care of Alchemy and Inscription. Blacksmith, Jewelcrafting, and Engineering all really require a miner to fund the leveling, or else it is very expensive. I could do leatherworking, but again, I don't have a stockpile of leather to help her level. My skinner is Hooff, and while he could probably farm stuff pretty quickly, the prospect of going back to lower level zones to get the leather sounds horrible.

No comments: