Wednesday, November 24, 2010

[WoW] 4.0.3a The Shattering thoughts

I would love to say that the most memorable part of my first night playing after the shattering was the new vistas, or the new classes, or even seeing Deathwing ( which I haven't yet ).

But no, the most memorable part was feeling like a noob.

The biggest contributing factor to this was that I could not figure out how to get anywhere. I was logged into my Solinari, and trying to make my way down to Duskwallow March , on orders from Warchief GARROSH *grumble grumble*. I made my way ( on the regular, non-epic ground mount), through Durotar and over to Northern Barrens. Passed through Crossroads and ended up at the "Great Divide". I followed the divide looking for a way to cross. Asking in chat yielded the usual "Lol jump" answers. Wowhead for once was no help. Someone suggested I fly over, which would be fine if I had any flight paths down there. I made my way over to Ratchet and decided to fly to Thunderbluff and run east to the barrens from there.

After arriving in Thunderbluff, I rode out to Mulgore. Unfortunately the entrance to the barrens from Mulgore now has a huge gate, aptly named "The Great Gate". I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to get through it. Frustrated I flew back to Ratchet. I then made my way across the coast and finally made it down past the divide and into Duskwallow Marsh. By then I was too tired to quest, so decided to just level my cooking on my alliance toons.

Sweet potato portion of the cooking, I could not figure out where the Pilgrim's Bounty setup was in darnassus. I thought that since every other city had it outside the city walls, then it should be in Rutheran Village. It was not, someone on Trade said it was at the Exodar. I flew over there, but it wasn't. I could not figure out how to fly back, simply because the flight point had been moved. The hyppogriphs were in the same place, but the flight master was gone. After 15 minutes, someone told me it was INSIDE the exodar now. Of course I should have remembered, since I FLEW INTO Exodar. By this point I was annoyed and just logged off.

Granted quite a few of these were my fault, but it reminds you how annoying getting around was before the Shattrah/Dalaran portals. For high level toons, its not as big of an annoyance, mainly because they already have most of the flight paths. But for people re-running alts, its a major headache. Not that I'm suggesting its a bad move, just something we have to get used to.

Its true though, it does make the world feel bigger, just because you have to run through more of it.

No comments: