Tuesday, November 23, 2010

[WoW] Title to Level

In the stories I try to write, there's really no concept of "level". I can't say in character that I've leveled up or reached a new level. Usually you just say less/more powerful. So I think I've come up with a simple way to express the levels, in a way that people can relate to. I've made a mapping between the profession levels and class levels.

In Wrath, the highest profession skill you can attain is 450. When you start a proffession, you begin at level 1. There are currently 6 proffession levels you train for as you progress: Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, Artisan, Master and Grand Master ( Cataclysm is introducing Illustrious Grand Master). I've broken up the 80 levels, into these "titles".

Apprentice 1 - 14
Journeyman 15 - 29
Expert 30 - 44
Artisan 45 - 60
Master 61 - 70
Grand Master 71 - 80
Illustrious 81 - 85

Master, Grand Master and Illustrious corresponds to the levels added when that skill as activated. The other 4 levels were divided between the 60 levels in Vanilla. This will mean I'll have to retcon some of my old stories, since Lunitari and Nuitari are still considered Apprentice Magic Users, and Solinari is now an Expert Priest. I'll have to find a way to explain an "Expert" Priest, but that should be fun.

No comments: