Wednesday, December 15, 2010

[WoW IC] Hooff

Traveler's Journal, Illustious Grand Master Paladin, Hooff

Day 180

Well, I'm still here. I'm still me, I think. I've been in this land for 180 days now, and things have certainly been interesting. When Rhonin first approached me about this assignment, I didn't think it would turn out like this. The one constant has been that I don't know when or even if, I'll ever get to go home.

At least I'm not alone, theres about a dozen other warriors gathered here. Some I've worked with before, a fellow Paladin, Nib, a hunter named Kess and others. They also went through the "program" with Rhonin. There are also others from other lands. Many were able to keep their original forms, most from my homeland were not. I have taken the form of a Blood Elf. Valen help-me, I've had to become one of them. The fact that these Blood Elves aren't the ones that committed the atrocities against my people is of little comfort. They've committed atrocities against other peoples, just happens to not be mine.

Why I've come is still not clear to me. Rhonin mentioned that there is a coming evil, and that this land was in need of warriors. I naturally thought of the Lich King, infact we did aid in storming his Citadel. My batallion fought for and defended Valithria Dreamwalker. Our warriors were able to keep the Scourge at bay while the healers tended to the great dragon's wounds. Eventually the green dragon was well enough to move and was able to escape. We also faced the undead wyrm Sindragosa, but repeatedly she was able to repel our advances. There were heavy casualties but we were able to escape with our lives.

I heard days later, while recovering from my wounds that another Batallion was able to kill the Lich King, and the war was over. After such a long campaign ( both here and at home), it was almost bittersweet to not have had a direct hand in his downfall.

Since then the scourge has been steadily declining. Not all attacks have ceased but their forces are on the decline. It seems without their master, the scourge are content to hold onto whatever lands they've conquered. It will take years to reclaim what was lost, but it will get done.

I'm headed back "home". The warriors from home, as well as other distant lands have formed a guild of sorts. We are few, but it helps to keep ties to what you still have. We have a guild office in Orgrimmar. Apparently to be recognized by Thrall as a "sanctioned" guild, then you must have an office. It consists mostly of a table, a small chair, and a sign in the window that reads "Out". The only time the office is ever occupied is when we have a meeting, which is few and far between. Each of the members have their own residences in other horde controlled areas. I've taken to staying at an Inn in Silvermoon. While I have no love for Blood Elves and their precious city, they do have the most comfortable of beds.

No comments: