Thursday, January 27, 2011

Phat Lootz

So Hooff finally got off his lazy belf butt and started going back to work. I spent 2 days questing in Deepholm ( which I completely skipped on the 80-85 leveling ). It took some time but the therazine daillies are now open to him. This plus the dragonmaw daillies provide a small bit of gold, and a steady stream of reputation gains. Relying on getting upgrades purely through normal dungeon drops doesn't work fast enough. I don't run dungeons often enough to get steady upgrades, plus I've gotten almost the best gear I can from normal-85 dungeons.

Reputation rewards have quite a few nice blue, and even some epic pieces for me. A few nights ago the guild did a heroic dungeon run, and I healed. It went pretty well, we wiped once or twice, sometimes to mistakes. My throughput definitely started to wane as the dungeon progressed. We first queued up for random and got Grim Batol. At the first boss we wiped because we had no offtank for the adds. Nib( the tank) asked if anyone minded if we did a different dungeon, I was fine with it. We went and did Blackrock Caverns instead.

The dungeon went well, and I got 3 upgrades total, one for my ret set and two for my healing. I got Heroic: Raz's Pauldrons. With the rare-quality +40str gem, thats a pretty major upgrade to the green iLvl 318 shoulders I was wearing before.

For healing I got: Heroic: Crepuscular Shield. That was also a nice upgrade from the ilvl333 shield I was using before. I also got: Quicksilver Amulet. Wowhead comments say its "The best pre-raiding neck piece for healing classes" which is quite nice. My previous neck piece was a blue ilvl333 neck, so it wasn't terribly huge upgrade.

A nice addition to running that dungeon was that it finally put me over the edge and got me exalted with the Ramkahen faction. This enabled me to purchase their nice blue and epic pieces.

For Healing I got: Sun King's Girdle. An epic healing belt. I'm glad I didn't buy the Light Elementium Belt that was going cheap on the AH. A +40 Int adds even more mana/spellpower goodness. I should also probably get a belt buckle for it, for yet another gem slot. Have to check how much those are.

Ret I was able to buy a Gift of Nadun. A very welcome addition to my then-deficient ret set. I also bought Sandguard Bracers. They are obviously meant for tanking, but the stats were already much better than the ilvl 318 green piece I was wearing. Plus reforging the +dodge to +hit, makes it nice hold-over piece until I can get a proper dps bracer.

If that wasn't enough, opening up the Therazine daillies also let me talk to their quartermaster. Just by questing in Deepholm you already end up at Honored, or close to it. This enabled me to buy some of their lower level items too.

I got Diamant's Ring of Temperance, a nice healing ring. Also Gorsik's Band of Shattering, a dps ring. Both were ok upgrades, but not as dramatic as the earlier upgrades.

To round out the loot parade I also acquired Shroud of Dark Memories and Shield of the Iron Maiden for my probably never used tanking set.

All in all Tuesday night was a loot filled night. My healing set now has an ilvl average of 339, and ret is 334. With this new gear I might be confident enough to try healing a heroic PUG. Maybe, maybe not.

No comments: