Thursday, August 23, 2012

Solo Ride

Went for a longer ride tonight. This will be a shorter entry. I basically went almost as far as we did last friday. I got near a VONS and stopped there for a bit. I actually thought I was farther than I was, but I took a short break there, then headed home. Before that I did my lap twice. All in all about 11 miles.

Tomorrow I'm going to be trying to ride from the Apartment to Work. I'm taking the day off, so I don't have to ride during rush hour, and I don't have to worry about being late. I can take my time, and get used to riding that far ( 15 miles 1-way), and for that long ( 30 mins or so). I basically drive the route on autopilot in the car, but it'll be a challenge on the bike. I'm both nervous and excited about it. Looking forward to it, and dreading it. I've built up some confidence from the last few rides, whats why i'm challenging myself to do this. I figure if I don't, I'll never get anywhere with my riding.

No comments: